Sunday, January 2, 2011

Supplement Cycling

So people take many many different kinds of supplements and stay on some for months and months at a time. Even then most don't quit taking, maybe just make a switch to a new brand. I want to share my opinion and the way I take supplements that has been working for me and has been working for everyone I have put on this schedule.
First of all, there are many of you out there that before starting any program, likes to go out and stock on all your items. Whether you haven't lifted in a while or just starting a new program, don't start taking a bunch of supplements. I believe you are lowering your roof as far as how much gain you can get, plus you will lose more strength/ size, when you get off. This is what has worked best for me; BE NATURAL! Use the essentials, multi vitamins, protein powders, maybe BCAA's. Thats fine, but no performance enhancers like creatine or the popular N.O. products for examples. Hit your program hard without using enhancers, get yourself as close to your personal limit as you can, then when you feel like you are hitting that wall for progress, start on your supplements. Break that wall down and put yourself to that next level, but instead of staying on "somthing" as soon as you get that plateau, get back off. Sure you might lose a little, but thats when your natural training will come to notice, your gains won't go down as much. And now work towards getting back to where you were on supplements, but this time you will be at that same level, natural. Then just keep that pattern going, on and off, always pushing your body to its limit before switching.
It will keep your body in a healthy progression, keep your natural strengths up, and all around you will feel and perform better.
I have been doing this for over 2 years and has worked very well for me, and my friends who I have introduced this cycle program too.
Now just be make clear, this is mainly targeted at any type of performance enhancers, not basic nutritional supplements. Multi vitamins, omega 3 fish oils, proteins and BCAA's, these are all fine to take on an every day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment